BSc(Psych), GradDipSc(Psych), MAPS
NCAS Level 1 Powerlifting Coach
Anthony is a psychologist with over a decade of clinical experience helping individuals struggling with pain, anxiety and depression using acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT), an evidence-based cognitive behavioural therapy.
He is also a Powerlifting Australia coach and competitive powerlifter, and has achieved Nationals-qualifying totals in the 94kg and 105kg weight divisions.
As a former chronic pain patient himself, Anthony understands chronic pain personally as well as professionally. He developed persistent shoulder pain after being injured in a car accident in 2008, which continued until he began strength training, and later powerlifting, in 2015.
Learn more about Anthony’s pain story here.
Anthony loves helping people with persistent pain take control of their recovery, discover their true physical and mental strength, and live life to the fullest.
Anthony’s other passion is dog training, and he is the founder and director of The Cynophobia Clinic, Australia’s only specialist psychology clinic for people with a phobia of dogs.
Qualifications and accreditations:
- BSc (Psychology), University of Sydney
- GradDipSc (Psychology), University of Sydney
- DipPsychPrac, COPP
- Member, Australian Psychological Society (MAPS)
- Registered psychologist, AHPRA
- Medicare (Provider no. 4176093T)
- SIRA CTP and Workers Compensation (Provider no. 9122)
- Member, Association for Contextual Behavioral Science
- Level 1 Powerlifting Coach, Powerlifting Australia