Step 1: ReFrame
2-day clinic to reframe your approach to pain
Are you ready to try something different?
Is chronic or persistent pain making you miserable or stopping you from living life to the fullest?
Have you tried everything you can think of to fix your pain, but still feel stuck?
Do you want to get stronger, but don’t know how to safely train with pain?
It’s time to ReFrame your pain!
Over two sessions, psychologist and powerlifting coach, Anthony Berrick, will conduct a thorough assessment to determine where you’re starting from and where you want to end up, and introduce you to the unique Barbell Psychology approach to pain management.
You will also learn the four essential barbell lifts (customised to your needs and ability level) for building whole-body strength, as well as core psychological tools you need to start taking back control of your life.
Once you’ve completed the ReFrame clinic, you will:
- Understand how pain works and how to ‘hack’ your pain system
- Be able to safely and effectively perform barbell lifts for whole-body strength
- Receive your own customised barbell strength training program
- Be better able to cope with episodes of pain as well as difficult thoughts and emotions
- Feel empowered and excited about the future
Step 2: ReTrain
8-week program to retrain your body and mind
This is where the magic happens.
After completing the ReFrame clinic, you’ll be ready to turn your plans into action and get genuinely life-changing results with the 8-week ReTrain program.
The science is clear – chronic pain is a complex problem that affects you as a whole person (not just your body-parts), and it requires a treatment approach that helps the person with pain make sense of their experience and learn to self-manage their pain.
Now there IS a better way!
The ReTrain program is an 8-week whole-person treatment program for chronic pain based on the latest science and clinical practice guidelines that puts you in the driver’s seat and focuses on long-term pain self-management and improved quality of life.
Consisting of weekly barbell strength training and evidence-based pain psychology sessions with psychologist Anthony Berrick and exercise physiologist Daniel Arbilla, designed to address both the physical and mental aspects of your pain condition, the ReTrain program will help you to:
- Take control of your pain recovery journey
- Become a confident barbell lifter for lifelong strength and fitness
- ReTrain your pain system to hurt less over time
- Uncover your true physical and mental strength
- Develop psychological flexibility to be less pushed around by pain
- Regain your love of life and confidence in your body
Individual psychology therapy consultations
These consultations are ideal if you are already working with a movement-based health practitioner (such as an exercise physiologist or physiotherapist) and would like to experience the additional benefits of psychological therapy for pain management; or if you’re based outside of Sydney or are otherwise unable to complete the ReFrame clinic or ReTrain program.
- Optimise your pain self-management plan with evidence-based pain science strategies
- Learn acceptance and commitment therapy skills to manage your pain more effectively
- Overcome psychological barriers that may be affecting your recovery
- Receive coaching and guidance from a compassionate and non-judgmental pain coach who genuinely understands and cares about your experience