Step 1: ReFrame
Are you ready to try something different?
Is chronic or persistent pain making you miserable or stopping you from living life to the fullest?
Have you tried everything you can think of to fix your pain, but still feel stuck?
Do you want to get stronger, but don’t know how to safely train with pain?
It’s time to ReFrame your pain!
Thanks to advances in pain science, we now understand that once pain has persisted for more than a few months, it can behave quite differently to acute pain and require a different treatment approach.
Over two two-hour sessions, psychologist and powerlifting coach, Anthony Berrick, will conduct a thorough assessment to determine where you’re starting from and where you want to end up, and introduce you to the unique Barbell Psychology approach to pain management.
You will also learn the four essential barbell lifts (customised to your needs and ability level) for building whole-body strength, as well as core psychological tools you need to start taking back control of your life.
Once you’ve completed the ReFrame clinic, you will:
- Understand how to retrain your pain system to reduce chronic pain
- Be able to safely and effectively perform barbell lifts for total-body strength
- Receive your own customised barbell strength training program
- Be better able to cope with episodes of pain as well as difficult thoughts and emotions
- Feel empowered and excited about the future
Step 2: ReTrain
This is where the magic happens.
After completing the ReFrame clinic, you’ll be ready to turn your plans into action and get genuinely life-changing results with the 8-week ReTrain program.
The science is clear – chronic pain is a complex problem that affects you as a whole person (not just your body-parts). It requires a treatment approach that treats the person with the pain, not simply the pain alone.
Now there IS a better way!
The ReTrain program is an 8-week whole-person treatment program for chronic pain based on the latest science and clinical practice guidelines that puts YOU in the driver’s seat and focuses on long-term pain-reduction and improved quality of life.
Consisting of weekly two-hour barbell strength training and evidence-based pain psychology sessions, designed to address both the physical and mental aspects of your pain condition, the ReTrain program will help you to:
- Take control of your chronic pain recovery
- Become a confident barbell lifter for lifelong strength and fitness
- ReTrain your body and your pain system to hurt less over time
- Uncover your true physical and mental strength
- Develop active mental skills to be less pushed around by pain
- Regain your love of life and confidence in your body